This webinar was live on 27 October 2021.
- Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation
- Click here to download the Interfacing with health TOOLKIT
- Click here to watch the webinar recording (use Passcode: 3×1!1yaE)
Supporting Hospital Discharge Webinar – Supporting NDIS participants with their hospital journey through to a safe and sustainable discharge.
Supporting someone to leave hospital well can be complicated at the best of times. There are many factors to consider in what is often a short and pressurised time frame. All hospitals are different, and interfacing with hospital staff will look different for each individual you support.
How do we help make this process as smooth as possible for the participant, the hospital and ourselves as support coordinators?
This webinar and associated toolkit will include the following:
- An overview of the health system and associated complexities
- How to interface with the NDIA when someone is in hospital
- Considerations for discharge with the person, the hospital and disability service providers
- Resources and templates for case conferencing.
Case studies for the patient journey from admission to discharge drawing from the complexities when supporting people across Health (including mental health) and NDIS.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.