Psychosocial Webinar – Supporting people who experience mental distress with the added complexity of alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
This webinar was live on 15 September 2021.
- Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation
- Click here to watch the webinar recording (use Passcode: =*Ra%0YH)
Many of us are not trained in how to support people who use alcohol and other drugs, so we fall back on what we think we know. What do we need to consider when managing the impact of AOD on the ground?
- How do you keep the person and those around them safe?
- What resources can support organisations call on?
- How do policies shape the way organisatons work with people who are using alcohol and other drugs?
- What competencies do support organisations need to build into their practice to minimise harm for people?
- How do you manage if you are a service provider and the person you are supporting is under the influence at the time of support?
In this session, we will also look at a lived experience example, drawing from the complexities of supporting people across NDIS, health and mental health services.
Join members from the Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) team, Margaret Doherty (Independent Lived Experience Advisor) and special guests for this informative session.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.